- Updated 26 December 2017 -
My collection of quotes. I use them for reframing (seeing reality from a different perspective) and adding flexibility to one’s thoughts (finding more options for an attitude, in a creative way).
Never say never until you’re taking your last breath.
Turn your face to the sun, and the shadows fall behind you. (Maori Proverb)
Happiness comes through doors you didn’t even know you left open.
Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
Nothing is more conducive to peace of mind than not having any opinion at all.
A hug is worth a thousand words.
Milton H. Erickson quotes
– In each life some confusion should come. Also some enlightenment.
– There is something that you know, but you don’t know you know it. As soon as you find out what it is that you already know, but you don’t know, you know then you can begin.
[Există lucruri pe care le ştiţi, dar nu ştiţi că le ştiţi. Când veţi şti ceea ce nu ştiţi că ştiţi, vă veţi schimba.]
C.S. Lewis quotes
– You don’t have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
– Life is too deep for words, so don’t try to describe it, just live it.
– Our passions are not too strong, they are too weak. We are far too easily pleased.
– Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another “What! You too? I thought I was the only one.”
Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow!”
Everything can be taken from a man but one thing; the last of the human freedoms – to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way. (Viktor Frankl)
A mind once stretched by a new idea never regains its original shape. (Oliver Wendell Holmes)
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people. (Hyman G. Rickover)
We are not limited by money, but rather by the poverty of our own dreams. (Doug Wead)
God builds the nest for the blind bird.
The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for. (Allan K. Chalmers)
There is a big difference between knowing the path, and walking the path.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: “Wow! What a ride!
If you’re riding ahead of the herd, take a look back every now and then to make sure it’s still there.
Mark Twain quotes
– Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear – not absence of fear.
– Grief can take care if itself, but to get the full value of a joy you must have somebody to divide it with.
– If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.
– Give every day the chance to become the most beautiful day of your life.
– Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living; the world owes you nothing; it was here first.
– Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover
– A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
– Cele mai importante două zile din viaţa ta sunt ziua în care te-ai născut şi cea în care afli de ce.
There is no such thing as a ‘self-made’ man. We are made up of thousands of others.
Everyone who has ever done a kind deed for us, or spoken one word of encouragement to us, has entered into the make-up of our character and of our thoughts, as well as our success. (George Matthew Adams)
This life which begins with a wail must end with a smile. (Sri Sathya Sai Baba)
You are here to enable the divine purpose of the universe to unfold. That is how important you are! (Eckhart Tolle)
It’s not who you are but what you do that defines you. (Christopher Nolan)
Confidence can be a self-fulfilling prophecy as those without it may fail or not try because they lack it and those with it may succeed because they have it rather than because of an innate ability.
Frederick E. Perls quotes
– If you need encouragement, praise, pats on the back from everybody, then you make everybody your judge.
– I do my thing, and you do your thing. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you, and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, it’s beautiful.
Life is short, eat dessert first!
Until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore, you will not know the terror of being forever lost at sea.
Awakening begins when a man realizes that he is going nowhere and does not know where to go. (Gurdjieff)
Good friends never say goodbye – they simply say “see you soon”.
If I’m not the problem, there is no solution.
The only limitation is what I haven’t begun to think.
Friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.
Eleanor Roosevelt quotes
– Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product.
– We have to face the fact that either all of us are going to die together or we are going to learn to live together and if we are to live together we have to talk.
– No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
The problem with new experiences is that they’re rarely the ones you choose.
Friedrich Nietzsche quotes
– When you stare into the abyss, the abyss also stares into you.
– I cannot believe in a God who wants to be praised all the time.
– The strength lies in quality.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. (Plato)
Equality is for those who lack ambition.
A warrior does what he can until destiny reveals itself.
The person who risks nothing, does nothing, has nothing, is nothing, and becomes nothing. He may avoid suffering and sorrow, but he simply cannot learn and feel and change and grow and love and live.
There are three musts that hold us back: I must do well. You must treat me well. And the world must be easy. (Albert Ellis)
Maya Angelou quotes
– I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
– If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.
The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.
To be trusted is a greater compliment than to be loved. (George MacDonald)
We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same. (Carlos Castaneda)
D. Elton Trueblood quotes
– A man has made at least a start on discovering the meaning of human life when he plants shade trees under which he knows full well he will never sit.
– Faith is not belief without proof, but trust without reservation.
Good and bad, happy and sad, all thoughts vanish like the imprint of a bird in the sky. (Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche)
The fear of death is the beginning of slavery.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
In a country well governed, poverty is something to be ashamed of. In a country badly governed, wealth is something to be ashamed of.
Love many. Trust few. And always paddle your own canoe.
We should all be concerned about the future because we will have to spend the rest of our lives here. (Charles Franklin Kettering)
It is difficult to say what is impossible, for yesterday’s dream is today’s hope and tomorrow’s reality. (Robert P. Goddard)
Never start a fight, but if someone starts one with you – finish it.
Mahatma Gandhi quotes
– Live like you’ll die tomorrow; Learn like you’ll live forever.
– It’s not too late at all. You just do not yet know what you are capable of.
– Be the change you want to see in the world.
I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road. (Stephen Hawking)
The wise man lets the world know of his insight. The wisest man, however, lets the world think he is a fool.
Life is a tragedy for those who feel, and a comedy for those who think. (Jean de la Bruyèr)
We will either find a way or make one. (Hannibal Barca)
Blaise Pascal quotes
– Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.
– The human is neither angel, nor animal. And his greatest unhappiness is that he can’t be an angel behaving like an animal.
To see the whole picture you must see from the view of others.
Genius ain’t anything more than elegant common sense.
Keep your friends close but your enemies closer. (Vito Corleone)
Children are born without religion; don’t give them your neurosis. (Nick Kinnan)
Primates often have trouble imagining a universe not run by an angry alpha male.
The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum. (Noam Chomsky)
Everyone sees how you appear, few touch what you are. (Niccolo Machiavelli)
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. (Arthur Schopenhauer)
E. Cummings quotes
– To be yourself in a world that is doing its best, day and night to make you like everybody else – is to fight the hardest battle any human being can fight.
– It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.
You’re not entitled to your own opinion. You’re only entitled to your own informed opinion. (Harlan Ellison)
The question is not, Can they reason? nor, Can they talk? but rather, Can they suffer? (Jeremy Bentham)
Albert Einstein quotes
– Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
– If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
– A country cannot simultaneously prepare and prevent war.
– Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions.
– Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
– Vous ne pouvez jamais résoudre un problème en restant au niveau où il a été créé.
– You cannot solve a problem from the same consciousness that created it. You must learn to see the world anew.
– Coincidența este felul lui Dumnezeu de a rămâne anonim.
– Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.
– Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
– The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don’t do anything about it.
Avatar – The Last Airbender quotes
– While it is always best to believe in one’s self, a little help from others can be a great blessing.
– There is nothing wrong with letting people who love you help you.
– You must never give in to despair. Allow yourself to slip down that road, and you surrender to your lowest instincts. In the darkest times, hope is something you give yourself. That is the meaning of inner strength.
– Pride is not the opposite of shame, but it’s source. True humility is the only antidote to shame.
– Life is like this dark tunnel. You may not always see the light at the end of the tunnel, but if you keep moving, you will come to a better place.
– It is important to draw wisdom from many different places. If we take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale. Understanding others will help you become whole.
One insignificant galaxy, one of the tens of thousands of galaxies, has a small yellow sun on its outer rim. About this sun orbits a molten iron ball. On the surface of this ball is a very thin crust of silica slag. This crust is partly coated by a microscopically thin layer of carbon hydrogen compounds. Some of which has delusions of grandeur. (Hugh Bothwell)
There is no such thing as common sense. It’s actually called good sense, and it’s NOT common!
Sometimes we build walls around ourselves, not to keep people out, but to see who cares enough to break them down.
Rainer Maria Rilke quotes
– Live your questions now, and perhaps even without knowing it, you will live along some distant day into your answers.
– Is this the end of everything? Fifteen minutes later and oh, how I’ve changed.
Jean Paul Sartre quotes
– If you are lonely when you’re alone, you are in bad company.
– Freedom is what you do with what’s been done to you.
Important nu este să spui “Iată ce au făcut din mine”, ci “Iată ce am făcut eu din ceea ce au făcut din mine.
Sometimes you have to stand and fight, if only because there’s nowhere left to run. (Terry Pratchett)
Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist. (George Carlin)
Carl Jung quotes
– Any organization composed of wholly admirable people will have the morality and intelligence of an unwieldy, stupid, and violent animal.
– Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.
– One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.
– Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.
– The best political, social, and spiritual work we can do is to withdraw the projection of our shadow onto others.
– We can recognize our prejudices and illusions only when, from a broader psychological knowledge of ourselves and others, we are prepared to doubt the absolute rightness of our assumptions and compare them carefully and conscientiously with the objective facts.
– The most terrifying thing is to accept oneself completely.
– Understanding does not cure evil, but it is a definite help, inasmuch as one can cope with a comprehensible darkness.
– I don’t aspire to be a good man. I aspire to be a whole man.
– I am in the position of Saul, who does not know what will happen to him on the road to Damascus. If nothing happens, a Paul will never be made of him.
– Every form of addiction is bad, no matter whether the narcotic be alcohol or morphine or idealism.
– To keep the light alive in the darkness, that’s the point, and only there your candle makes sense.
– To keep the light alive in the darkness, that’s the point, and only there your candle makes sense.
– But if you have nothing at all to create, then perhaps you create yourself.
– When an inner situation is not made conscious, it appears outside as fate.
– The primitive mentality does not invent myths, it experiences them.
People fear what they don’t understand… and when given the chance to understand what they fear, they’re usually either too stupid or too arrogant to listen.
The boldness of asking deep questions may require unforeseen flexibility if we are to accept the answers. (Brian Greene)
Sometimes, if you want to find a way, you have to stay away.
Kurt Vonnegut quotes
– How nice – to feel nothing, and still get full credit for being alive.
– We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.
Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn’t be in it.
It’s never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.
When it comes to going after what you love in life, don’t take no for an answer.
Be eccentric now. Don’t wait for old age to wear purple.
No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
Frame every so-called disaster with these words “In five years, will this matter?”.
Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn’t do.
A truly happy and positive person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.
Oscar Wilde quotes
– The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself.
– We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
The soul aids the body, and at certain moments, it lifts it up. It is the only bird which carries its own cage. (Victor Hugo)
Sir Winston Churchill quotes
– You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.
– Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.
– Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.
– I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
– If you’re going through Hell, keep going.
Do not despise prophetic utterances. But examine everything carefully; hold fast that which is good. Abstain from every form of evil. (Apostle Paul)
Pay no attention to fears – they are usually unreal, like shadows! They cannot exist by themselves and are therefore, unreal.
Don’t tell everything to your friends. They will start to love you, more and more, till they’ll become your greatest enemies.
Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it. (Andre Gide)
When you stop looking for someone to love, that’s when the person to love, begins to look for you.
After the pain comes the pleasure of achievement.
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better. (Samuel Beckett)
Satisfaction with success lasts only until you’ve set the next goal.
– This is your life and it’s ending one minute at a time.
– I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let… lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may.
– We just had a near-life experience, fellas.
– What you see at fight club is a generation of men raised by women.
– This was freedom. Losing all hope was freedom. [J’avais trouvé la liberté. Perdre tout espoir, c’était ça la liberté.]
Meister Eckhart quotes
– If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is “thank you”, it will be enough.
– If you seek the kernel, then you must break the shell. And likewise, if you would know the reality of Nature, you must destroy the appearance, and the further you go beyond the appearance the nearer you will be to the essence.
If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got
We can never obtain peace in the world if we neglect the inner world and don’t make peace with ourselves. World peace must develop out of inner peace. (The Dalai Lama)
Consult not your fears but your hopes and your dreams.
Think not about your frustrations, but about your unfulfilled potential.
Concern yourself not with what you tried and failed in, but with what it is still possible for you to do. (Pope John XXIII)
Our prayers should be for blessings in general, for God knows best what is good for us. (Socrates)
– The right time to show your good character is when you are pestered by somebody weaker than you.
– Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
– Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one getting burned.
– The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly.
– If you light a lamp for someone else it will also brighten your path.
Brahma Kumaris quotes
– It’s often said that charity begins at home. So let me first give respect to my family and friends.
– I can only give my best to others when I am in touch with the best in myself.
– You bring out the best in others, because you see the best in others.
– The snow goose need not bathe to make itself white. Neither need you do anything but be yourself.
– A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves.
– If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading.
– Stop leaving and you will arrive. Stop searching and you will see. Stop running away and you will be found.
It is never too late to be who you might have been. (George Eliot)
Shared joy is a double joy; shared sorrow is half a sorrow. (Swedish Proverb)
Without metaphor change is impossible. Metaphor draws the imagination into a new logic that reveals the way to a new reality. (Nelle Morton)
Two birds, inseparable companions, perch on the same tree. One eats the fruit, the other silently looks on. The first bird is our individual self, feeding on the pleasures and pains of this world; The second is the universal self, silently witnessing all. (The Mundaka Upanishad)
Abraham Maslow quotes
– If I were dropped out of a plane into the ocean and told the nearest land was a thousand miles away, I’d still swim. And I’d despise the one who gave up.
– What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself.
Norman Vincent Peale quotes
– Do you have a big goal, an impossible dream? Then let your faith rise up as an eagle in the sky; believe in your dream, believe God wants you to have it. Think high and wide and deep and far and God will lead you to your dream.
– Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.
– Change your thoughts and you change your world.
– Don’t think you can handle everything on your own. Don’t let the tension and the tumult of present-day living distract you from waiting on God’s perfect timing. God will see to it that all you really need, you can have.
– You cannot change things by worrying over them! But you will find miracles happen when you hand over your problems to God – and then forget about them.
Paulo Coelho quotes
– Si vous écoutez votre cœur, vous savez précisément ce que vous avez à faire sur terre. Enfant, nous avons tous su. Mais parce que nous avons peur d’être désappointé, peur de ne pas réussir à réaliser notre rêve, nous n’écoutons plus notre cœur. Ceci dit, il est normal de nous éloigner à un moment ou à un autre de notre Légende Personnelle. Ce n’est pas grave car, à plusieurs reprises, la vie nous donne la possibilité de recoller à cette trajectoire idéale.
– Personne n’aime demander beaucoup à la vie, parce qu’il a peur de l’échec.
– Peu importe le nombre d’années que l’on a; quand la nuit tombe, elle apporte avec elle des peurs cachées dans notre âme depuis l’enfance.
– Il suffit de prêter attention ; les leçons viennent toujours quand vous êtes prêt, et si vous êtes attentif aux signes vous apprendrez toujours tout ce qui est nécessaire pour l’étape suivante.
– La realite, la tranche de vie n’est pas vue seulement en longueur, mais aussi en largeur et en profondeur.
Jacques Lacan quotes
– Voilà la grande erreur de toujours : s’imaginer que les êtres pensent ce qu’ils disent.
– A birth certificate tells me that I was born. I repudiate this certificate: I am not a poet, but a poem. A poem that is being written…
Il vaut mieux repartir à zéro que de rester dans le zéro.
Entreprenez l’impossible, l’impossible fera le reste. (François Cariès)
A failure is not always a mistake, it may simply be the best one can do under the circumstances. The real mistake is to stop trying. (B.F. Skinner)
– The bitterest fight is with yourself, you are in both camps. (Cea mai înversunata lupta este cu tine însuti. Te afli în ambele tabere.)
– Each player must accept the cards life deals him or her: but once they are in hand, he or she alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game.
Depresia e starea în care tot ce conteaza e propria ta suferinta.
[Depression is the state in which all that matters is your own suffering]
Singura durere suportabilă e durerea altora.
[The only bearable pain is the pain of others]
Pisica fierarului nu se sperie de zgomot. (Proverb bengalez)
[The blacksmith’s cat is not afraid of noise. (Bengali Proverb)]
Constiinta este ca linia indicatoare de pe carosabil; ea ne spune ce n-ar trebui sa facem, dar nu ne poate împiedica sa facem.
Toate religiile sunt întemeiate pe teama celor mulţi şi pe isteţimea câtorva. (Stendhal)
Religia este capodopera artei de a dresa animalele, deoarece dresează oamenii cum să gândească. (Arthur Schopenhauer)
Ceea ce se afirmă fără dovezi poate fi respins fără dovezi. (Christopher Hitchens)
Dă-i unui om un peşte şi va mânca o zi, învaţă un om să pescuiască şi va mânca o viaţă, dă-i unui om religie şi va muri rugându-se să primească un peşte.
Nu poţi convinge un credincios de nimic; credinţele lor nu se bazează pe dovezi, ele se bazează pe nevoia adânc înrădăcinată de a crede. (Carl Sagan)
Valoarea unui ajutor nu constă în mărimea lui, ci în oportunitatea lui. (Pavel Corut)
Gabriel Garcia Marquez quotes
– Nu plange ca s-a terminat, mai bine zambeste ca s-a intamplat.
– Nu te lupta peste puterile tale. Cele mai bune lucruri se intampla atunci cand nici nu te astepti.
Nu fugi, nu te macina, esti doar un vizitator pe Pamant. De aceea, mai opreste-te sa simti aroma florilor din cand in cand. (Walter Hagen)
Savureaza lucrurile marunte, caci odata te vei intoarce si vei exclama: ‘‘Acelea au fost cu adevarat lucrurile importante din viata mea! (Robert Brault)
Azi ti s-a inceput partea ramasa din viata. (Charles Dederich)
Toţi suntem în vizită în acest moment şi loc. Suntem doar în trecere. Am venit să observăm, să învăţăm, să creştem, să iubim şi să ne întoarcem acasă. (Zicătoare aborigenă australiană)
Autenticul protector este acela care ştie că lumea nu este o moştenire de la părinţii săi, ci un împrumut de la copiii săi. (J.J. Audubon)
Frumuseţea nu este un atribut al lucrurilor în sine. Există doar în mintea celor care le contemplă. (David Hume)
Cei ce visează ziua cunosc multe lucruri, care le scapă celor ce visează noaptea. (Edgar Allan Poe)
Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.
Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of others people’s thinking.
Don’t let the noise of others opinions drown out your own inner voice.
And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.
They somehow already know what you truly want to become.
Everything else is secondary. (Steve Jobs)
The task ahead of us is never as great as the power behind us.
Never look down on anybody, unless you are helping them up.
Life is ten percent what happens to you and ninety percent how you respond to it. (Lou Holtz)
You don’t decide to become someone, you discover who you are.
If you want something bad enough you’ll find a way… if you don’t want it, you’ll find an excuse.
Without courage, wisdom bears no fruit. (Baltasar Gracian)
God grant me the courage to change the things I can change
The serenity to accept those I cannot change
And the wisdom to know the difference.
The greatest challenge in life is to find someone who knows all your flaws, differences and mistakes and yet still sees the best in you.
Sometimes you have to let go to see if there was anything worth holding on to.
What Would You Do If You Weren’t Afraid?
It’s only after you’ve lost everything that you’re free to do anything.
If you want to go fast, travel alone, but if you want to go far, travel together.
To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did.
In providing therapy, look, discover, accompany. See what happens. Our goal in analysis is not necessarily to wipe out personality characteristics, but to become conscious of them. (Gregg Furth)
Înainte de a te grabi sa-i critici sotiei defectele, adu-ti aminte ca tocmai ele au fost pricina pentru care nu s-a putut casatori cu un sot mai bun.
Some people make the world happen, more watch the world happen, most wonder what happened. It’s your choice which group you want to belong to.
It’s better to have no one than have anyone, just for the reason to have someone.
In your life, you meet people. Some you never think about again. Some, you wonder what happened to them. There are some that you wonder if they ever think about you. And then there are some you wish you never had to think about again. But you do.
There is only one success – to be able to spend your life in your own way. (Christopher Morley)
When something is true many words are not necessary.
No one wants advice, only collaboration. (John Steinbeck)
Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.
Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men.
What’s done to children, they will do to society. (Dr. Karl Menninger)
Perfection means not perfect actions in a perfect world, but appropriate actions in an imperfect one. (R. H. Blyth)
Dance like no one is watching, love like you’ll never be hurt, sing like no one is listening, live like it’s heaven on earth. (William Purkey)
Dacã esti suficient de curajos pentru a lãsa în urmã tot ce este familiar si reconfortant, care poate însemna totul, de la propria casa la vechile obiceiuri si sã pleci într-o adevãratã cãlãtorie de cãutare, indiferent dacã exterior sau interior si dacã esti dispus sã pãstrezi tot ce ti se întâmplã în acea cãlãtorie ca indiciu si dacã îi accepti pe toti cei care iti ies în cale, ca profesori si dacã esti pregãtit, mai presus de toate, sã înfrunti si sã ierti câteva dintre cele mai dure realitãti personale atunci adevãrul nu ti se va nega.
It’s my life!
It’s now or never!
I ain’t gonna live forever!
I just want to live while I’m alive! (Bon Jovi)
Viaţa nu înseamnă să aştepţi ca furtunile să treacă, ci să înveţi să dansezi în ploaie.
Sometimes the appropriate response to reality is to go insane.
Do or Do not. There is no try. (Yoda, Star Wars)
Fake it till you make it.
The task ahead of us is never as great as the power behind us.
Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you’ll be criticized anyway. You’ll be damned if you do, and damned if you don’t.
Don’t believe anything you hear and only half of what you see.
Depression is not a weakness… it is a sign that you have been strong for too long.
Cele mai importante lucruri in lume au fost realizate de oameni care au continuat sa incerce chiar si cand se parea ca nu mai este nici o speranta. (Dale Carnegie)
Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable. (Sidney J. Harris)
Hope is not the conviction that something will turn out well but the certainty that something makes sense, regardless of how it turns out. (Vaclav Havel)
You won’t be who God wants you to be as long as you are angry at yourself for not being who you think you “should” be.
Love can sometimes be magic. But magic can sometimes… just be an illusion. (Javan)
You don’t decide to become someone, you discover who you are.
Though I am grateful for the blessings of wealth, it hasn’t changed who I am. My feet are still on the ground. I’m just wearing better shoes. (Oprah Winfrey)
It’s hard to beat somebody when they don’t give up. (Babe Ruth)
The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, you’re still a rat. (Lily Tomlin)
He who hesitates is not only lost, but miles from the next exit.
Mae West quotes
– Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.
– You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.
George Bernard Shaw quotes
– You see things; and you say, “Why?” But I dream things that never were; and I say, “Why not?”
– A life spent making mistakes is not only more honourable but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
– Oamenii rationali incearca sa se adapteze lumii inconjuratoare. Oamenii irationali incearca sa adapteze lumea inconjuratoare la ei insisi. Este clar, deci, ca schimbarea lumii nu poate veni decat de la oamenii irationali.
The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change. (Carl Rogers)
– It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.
– Wherever you go, go with all your heart.
– Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will.
– Dacă te căsătoreşti din dragoste devii bărbat şi nevastă; când te căsătoreşti din comoditate, domn şi doamnă, iar din motive materiale soţ şi soţie.
Eşti iubit de nevastă, apărat de doamnă şi suportat de soţie.
Nevasta are în grija ei gospodăria, doamna casa, iar soţia banii.
Bărbatul bolnav este îngrijit de nevastă, vizitat de doamnă, iar soţia se interesează de starea lui.
Când murim, nevasta ne plânge, doamna e cuprinsă de jale, iar soţia poartă doliu.
Cowards die many times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once. (William Shakespeare)
There are three ways that God answers to a prayer:
2. “Not yet.”
3. “I have something better in mind for you.”
Life is the hardest teacher, because it gives the test first and teaches the lesson after.
– Out beyond ideas of wrong and right, there is a field. I’ll meet you there.
– Your task is not to seek love, but to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.
– You and I have to live as if you and I never hear of a “you” and an “I”.
– Be like a tree and let the dead leaves drop.
– When setting out on a journey, do not seek advice from those who have never left home.
Sometimes, if you aren’t sure about something, you have to just jump off the bridge and grow wings on your way down. (Danielle Steel)
Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
If you don’t know what you believe in, if you don’t know what to live and die for, anyone can talk you into anything.
Give me the price of one hour of your life!
Freedom’s just another word for nothing left to lose.
Don’t spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door. (Coco Chanel)
When you do not get what you want you get experience.
Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing those you hold well. (Josh Billings)
It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value. (Arthur C. Clarke)
Friends become our chosen family.
Giving up doesn’t mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go.
A chain is no stronger than it’s weakest link.
Damaged people are dangerous. They know they can survive. (Josephine Hart)
A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life. (Charles Darwin)
Don’t ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up. (Robert Frost)
The poor wish to be rich, the rich wish to be happy, the single wish to be married, and the married wish to be dead. (Ann Landers)
Desperation is the raw material of drastic change. Only those who can leave behind everything they have ever believed in can hope to escape. (William S. Burroughs)
In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing. (Theodore Roosevelt)
Life is what happens while you’re busy making plans. (John Lennon)
The road is filled with flat, dead squirrels that couldn’t make up their minds.
Success always involves risk; you can’t steal second base with your foot on first. (Frederick Wilcox)
The happiest of people don’t necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the most of everything that comes along their way.
A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes. (Hugh Downs)
When people walk away from you… let them go… Your destiny is never tied to anyone who leaves you, and it doesn’t mean they are bad people. It just means that their part in your story is over.
The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
We don’t see things as they are, we see them as we are. (Anais Nin)
If you want to go fast, travel alone, but if you want to go far, travel together.
Seul, on marche plus vite; a deux, on marche plus loin.
You have to go where your heart is, not where you think the money is, otherwise you won’t be happy.
Knowing who you are is the best defense against who they think you are.
Dieu donne a ceux qui se donnent.
If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up people together to collect wood and don’t assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea.
On rencontre sa destinée souvent par des chemins qu’on prend pour l’éviter.
One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it.
Albert Camus quotes
– Au milieu de l’hiver, j’apprenais enfin qu’il y avait en moi un été invincible.
– Don’t walk in front of me; I may not follow. Don’t walk behind me; I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
Dieu n’est pas une entité, il est une qualité qui sommeille en chacun de nous.
God is not an entity, he is a quality that sleeps in each of us.
Octavian Paler quotes
– Nu exista viata mai pustie decat una care n-a iubit nimic, stiind ca intr-o zi va pierde totul.
– Pustiul m-a făcut să înţeleg că nu sunt destul de puternic pentru a nu iubi pe nimeni.
– Ceea ce nu trăim la timp, nu mai trăim niciodată.
If you don’t go after what you want, you’ll never have it. If you don’t ask, the answer is always no. If you don’t step forward, you’re always in the same place. (Nora Roberts)
No man made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little. (Edmund Burke)
People are made to be loved and things are made to be used. There is much chaos in this world because things are being loved and people are being used.
Joseph Campbell quotes
– People say that what we’re all seeking is a meaning for life. I don’t think that’s what we’re really seeking. I think that what we’re seeking is an experience of being alive, so that our life experiences on the purely physical plane will have resonance within our innermost being and reality, so that we actually feel the rapture of being alive.
– People say that what we are all seeking is a meaning of life. I don’t think this is what we’re really seeking. I think what we’re seeking is an experience of being alive.
– The cave you fear to enter holds the treasures you seek.
– Your sacred space is where you can find yourself again and again.
– We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.
– Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors where there were only walls.
Your parents, your teachers, your society, your tradition, your sacred books all tell you what to do; so your life is bound, hedged about by discipline, is it not? You are a prisoner of do’s and don’ts, they are the bars of your cage. (Krishnamurti)
Loneliness is when you’re surrounded by wonderful people, who love, understand and support you, but each of them has someone closer than you.
We predict the future. The best way to predict the future is to invent it. (from X-Files, the film)
Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option.
Ne fais pas d’une personne ta priorité, quand pour elle tu n’es qu’une option.
Nu lăsa pe nimeni să fie prioritatea ta, în timp ce tu devii opţiunea lor.
It’s not the future that you’re afraid of. It’s repeating the past that makes you anxious.
Life starts when you know what you want and are willing to work hard to get it.
A boy spends his time finding a girl to sleep with. A real man spends his time looking for the one worth waking up to.
The crazy things I’ve done so far will be my best memories.
Viaţa se compune din zilele pe care le ţii minte, nu din zilele care au trecut.
Many eyes go through the meadow, but few see the flowers in it. (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
Nu poţi îngenunchea un popor deprins să se târâie.
Viaţa nu înseamnă să aştepţi ca furtunile să treacă, ci să înveţi să dansezi în ploaie.
Experienţa nu este ceea ce ni se întâmplă ci ceea ce facem cu ceea ce ni se intâmplă.
Dacă nu ai griji şi duşmani, e posibil să nu te fi născut.
Daca ai vointa, poti sa muti si muntii din loc. Daca ai creier, ii lasi acolo, ca nu te deranjeaza.
Wayne W. Dyer quotes
– Dacă tu crezi că vei reuşi, atunci vei vedea oportunităţile. Dacă tu crezi că nu vei reuşi, atunci vei vedea obstacolele.
– Once you believe in yourself and see your soul as divine and precious, you will automatically become a being who can create a miracle.
Important nu este sa spui: Iata ce au facut din mine, ci: Iata ce am facut eu din ceea ce au facut din mine.
Daca crezi ca poti, poti. Daca crezi ca nu poti, ai dreptate. (Mary Kay Ash)
Nu incerca sa repari pe nimeni. In schimb, cauta pe cineva care nu este stricat.
Majoritatea romanilor rateaza odata cu maturitatea; sunt geniali in copilarie, sclipitori si plini de talent in tinerete si ratati la maturitate. (Mircea Eliade)
You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete. (Richard Buckminster Fuller)
Behind our fixation on goals is a deep unease with feelings of uncertainty.
Far away in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead. (Louisa May Alcott)
Who you are speaks louder than what you say.
Bear Grills quotes
– Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
– A great oak is only a little nut that held its ground.
– Run when you can, walk when you have to, crawl if you must; just never give up.
– Faith can move mountains… Doubt can create them.
– Most of our obstacles would melt away if, instead of cowering before them, we should make up our minds to walk boldly through them.
– In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins – not by strength but by perseverance.
– The choice is simple: give up, be cynical and achieve nothing or stand up, take a risk, be determined and give yourself a shot at success!
When God solves your problems, you have faith in His abilities; when God doesn’t solve your problems He has faith in your abilities.
A strong person knows how to keep their life in order. Even with tears in their eyes, they still manage to say “I’m ok” with a smile. Send this to a strong person. I just did. Send this to anyone who made you smile this year.
Faith is taking the first step when you don’t see the whole staircase.
Champions do what others won’t.
And in the end it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years. (Abraham Lincoln)
Someday everything will make perfect sense. So, for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason.
Not all who wander are lost.
The true meaning of life is to plant trees, under whose shade you do not expect to sit. (Nelson Henderson)
What would good look like? (Robert Murray)
You might never fail on the scale I did, but some failure in life is inevitable. It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all – in which case, you fail by default. (J.K. Rowling)
Promise me you’ll always remember: You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. (A.A. Milne)
Tudor Mușatescu quotes
– Caloriferul stins e mai rece decât frigiderul în funcţiune.
– Ca să măsori distanţele, trebuie să le şi străbaţi.
– Adevăraţii cai de cursă nu aleargă pentru premii, ci numai ca să-şi pună sângele în mişcare.
– N-am cerut vieţii nimic. Tot ce am avut, i-am smuls. Şi tot ce n-am avut, mi-a furat.
Leonardo da Vinci quotes
– For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
– There are three classes of people: those who see. Those who see when they are shown. Those who do not see.
All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another.
Tous les changements, même les plus souhaités ont leur mélancolie, car ce que nous quittons, c’est une partie de nous-mêmes; il faut mourir à une vie pour entrer dans une autre. (Anatole France)
When nothing is sure, everything is possible. (Margaret Drabble)
Murphy’s Love Laws
– All the good ones are taken. If the person isn’t taken, there’s a reason.
– Being told that someone doesn’t want to date you because you’re such a good friend is like being told that you didn’t get the job because you’re overqualified.
– A love will tell you they love you endlessly. A true love will tell everyone else they love you endlessly despite the embarrassment factor.
– A woman never forgets the men she could have had; a man, the women he couldn’t.
Prea mulţi părinţi înfundă gura copilului cu multă mâncare, indiferent care ar fi problema. Aceşti copii cresc aduţi şi ori de câte ori au o problemă stau în faţa frigiderului cu uşa deschisă şi spun: “Nu ştiu ce vreau!” (Louise Hay)
Prietenii rămân prieteni. Cei care nu rămân înseamnă că n-au fost.
I took the road less traveled by and that has made all the difference. (Robert Frost)
We’re not champions because we win. We win because we’re champions.
A meaningful life is a vivid life, but not necessarily a pleasant one.
Men are born between a woman’s legs and spend the rest of their lives trying to get back in between them, ’cause there’s no place like home… 🙂
When you show to other people your body, they may not see anything else. (Jerry Springer)
One day, Love and Friendship met.
Love asked: “Why do you exist when I already exist?”
Friendship smiled and said: “To put a smile where you leave tears.”
Live for today, gone tomorrow, that’s me! (Pink Floyd)
To live is to risk dying… To laugh is to risk appearing a fool. To weep is to risk appearing sentimental. To reach out to another is to risk involvement. To expose feelings is to risk exposing your true self. To place your ideas and dreams before a crowd is to risk their loss. To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure. But risks must be taken, because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing. (William Arthur Ward)
A smart man only believes half of what he hears, a wise man knows which half. (Jeff Cooper)
To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless.
[A iubi înseamnă să iubeşti ce e de neiubit. A ierta înseamnă să ierţi ce e de neiertat. A crede înseamnă să crezi ce e de necrezut. A spera înseamnă să speri când totul pare fără speranţă.]
(Gilbert K. Chesterton)
Henry Ford quotes
– When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.
– Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.
If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars. [Dacă plângi pentru că soarele a dispărut din viaţa ta, lacrimile te vor împiedica să vezi stelele.] (Rabindranath Tagore)
Don’t be afraid to take a big step if one is indicated. You can’t cross a chasm in two small jumps. [Să nu îţi fie teamă să faci un pas mare, dacă trebuie. O prăpastie nu poate fi trecută cu paşi mici.] (David Lloyd George)
There’s a purpose to life’s events: to teach you how to laugh more or not to cry too hard. [Fiecare eveniment al vieţii are un scop: să te înveţe cum să râzi mai mult sau cum să nu plângi prea tare.]
Sometimes your only available transportation is a leap of faith. (Margaret Shepard)
Qui craint de souffrir, souffre déjà de ce qu’il craint.
He who fears he shall suffer, already suffers what he fears.
Dacă o femeie te cheamă să te culci cu ea şi tu nu te duci, e păcat, Dumnezeu nu te iartă şi o să ajungi lângă Iuda, în fundul Iadului. (N. Kazantzakis)
Orice sistem rigid sfarseste prin dictatura. Orice sistem relaxat sfarseste prin haos.
Change the way you look at stress. Instead of asking yourself, “Why is this happening TO me?” ask yourself, “Why is this happening FOR me?”
We meet ourselves time and again in a thousand disguises on the path of life.
L’homme devient vieux lorsque ses regrets ont pris la place de ses rêves.
A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams. (John Barrymore)
Ma plus grande découverte a été de prendre conscience que, dans ma vie, la plupart des barrières, c’est moi qui les avais érigées. (Cheryl Jarvis)
It’s what you don’t know that makes you vulnerable.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. (Martin Luther King)
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. (Ronald Reagan)
Pourquoi attendre si longtemps avant de prendre soin de notre corps et se mettre à son écoute…. pour quelles raisons ne l’avons-nous pas écouté lorsqu’il nous exprimait sa fatigue et ses limites par différents symptômes, malaises ou maladies. Et maintenant qu’il veut s’arrêter, nous croyons qu’il nous laisse tomber. Est-ce bien lui qui nous laisse tomber ou nous qui l’avons si souvent abandonné? (Lise Côté)
Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them. (Henry David Thoreau)
Il n’y a pas de hasards, il n’y a que des rendez-vous. (Paul Eluard)
If you don’t get lost, there’s a chance you may never be found.
By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you’ll become happy; if you get a bad one, you’ll become a philosopher. (Socrates)
No future lies in the past.
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. (Christopher Hitchens)
You laugh at me because I’m different. I laugh at you because you are all the same.
If you want a chicken to be a duck, and a duck to be a chicken, you will suffer. (Ajahn Chah)
It is better to reign in hell than serve in heaven.
One never reaches home. But where paths that have an affinity for each other intersect, the whole world looks like home, for a time.
Any challenge is either a gift or an opportunity; or could be actively turned into one.
What do we need to do so that within 3 years we can say this current crisis is the best thing that could have happened to us?
The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one. (Elbert Hubbard)
In chess and in life, the game changes with every move you make.
You know what the issue is with this world? Everyone wants a magical solution to their problem, and everyone refuses to believe in magic.
– Do not try and bend the spoon. That’s impossible. Instead… only try to realize the truth.
– What truth?
– There is no spoon.
– There is no spoon?
– Then you’ll see, that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself.
If you must live all your life crawling, raise up and die!
Daca pentru a trai trebuie sa te tarasti, ridica-te si mori!
L’important n’est pas de convaincre, mais de donner à réfléchir. (Bernard Werber)
Beautiful faces are everywhere but beautiful minds are hard to find.
No, that is the great fallacy: the wisdom of old men. They do not grow wise. They grow careful. ( Ernest Hemingway)
If you’re not growing, you’re dying.
Are you scared? Or are you not ready? There is a difference.
Dreams are free. Goals have a cost. While you can daydream for free, goals don’t come without a price. Time, Effort, Sacrifice and Sweat. How will you pay for your goals?
Work hard in silence. Let your success be your noise.
Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.
Beginning is easy. Continuing is hard.
Many people in this world would give anything to swap lives with you. Go hard.
Go through shit, grow through shit.
Forget what you feel. Remember what you deserve.
When something bothered me, I didn’t talk with anyone about it. I thought it over all by myself, came to a conclusion, and took action alone. Not that I really felt lonely. I thought that’s just the way things are. Human beings, in the final analysis, have to survive on their own. (Haruki Murakami)
The world is changed by your example, not your opinion
The older I get, the more I realize that the ultimate luxury is time.
If you can’t beat fear, just do it scared.
A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in. (Greek Proverb)
If you judge people, you have no time to love them. (Mother Theresa)
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience. (Pierre Teilhard de Chardin)
Don’t let life discourage you; everyone who got where he is had to begin where he was. (Richard L. Evans)
They say you should never regret anything because at one time it was exactly what you wanted.
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only option you have left.
I’m not a backup plan, and definitely not a second choice.
Yes, I’ve made mistakes, but life didn’t come with instructions.
The bad news is time flies. The good news is you’re the pilot. (Michael Altshuler)
I have abandoned my search for truth and am now looking for a good fantasy. (Ashleigh Brilliant)
What defines us is how well we rise after falling.
If you don’t know where you are going, any road will get you there. (Lewis Carroll)
How to call it love when you’re crying more than you’re smiling.
A lesson will repeat itself until learned.
I wish I could show you when you are lonely or in darkness, the astonishing light of your own being. (Hafiz of Shiraz)
One day, someone will walk into your life and make you see why it never worked out with anyone else.
Truth is, you knew what you had, you just never thought you’d lose it.
You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. (Wayne Gretzky)
Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same. (The Fray)
Lighthouses don’t go running all over an island looking for boats to save; they just stand there shining. (Anne Lamott)
It’s true that we don’t know what we’ve got until we lose it, but it’s also true that we don’t know what we’ve been missing until it arrives. (Stephenie Meyer)
If a man knows not to which port he sails, no wind is favorable. (Seneca)
There once was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time was called the Dark Ages. (Richard Lederer)
A mother is one to whom you hurry when you are troubled. (Emily Dickinson)
O persoana, odata ce a fost dezamagita, se schimba. Dezamagirile iti deschid ochii, dar iti inchid inima.
A good laugh and a long sleep are the two best cures for anything. (Irish Proverb)
Leaders don’t create followers, they create more leaders. (Tom Peters)
Never chase what you want. Elevate your game until what you want pursues you.
If all crime were legal for 12 hours, what would you do?
A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims… but accomplices. (George Orwell)
The plain fact is that the planet does not need more successful people. But it does desperately need more peacemakers, healers, restorers, storytellers, and lovers of every kind. (David W. Orr)
Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy. (Robert Tew)
Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars. (Khalil Gibran)
Be grateful for the things and people you have in your life. Things you take for granted someone else is praying for. (Marlan Rico Lee)
Looking for consciousness in the brain is like looking Inside a radio for the announcer. (Nassim Haramein)
Healing doesn’t mean the damage never existed. It means the damage no longer controls your life. (Akshay Dubey)
Listen to your elders’ advice. Not because they are always right, but because they have more experience of being wrong.
Fear doesn’t prevent death. It prevents life. (Naguib Mahfouz)
Nothing ever goes away until it has taught us what we need to know. (Pema Chödrön)
Just because something isn’t happening for you right now, doesn’t mean that it will never happen.
If it doesn’t open, it’s not your door.
When an old man dies, a library burns to the ground. (African Proverb)
Dead people receive more flowers than the living ones because regret is stronger than gratitude. (Anne Frank)
When you are willing to feel it, you can heal it.
As you get older, you will start to understand more and more that in life, it’s not about what you look like or what you own. It’s all about the person you’ve become.
The good thing about science is that it’s true whether or not you believe in it. (Neil deGrasse Tyson)
Love has to be a free gift. The moment there is a price tag on it, it is no longer love. (Osho)
If you want to be strong, learn how to fight alone.
A god that does not manifest in reality is indistinguishable from a god that does not exist. (Matt Dillahunty)
It’s like the people who believe they’ll be happy if they go and live somewhere else, but who learn it doesn’t work that way. Wherever you go, you take yourself with you. (Neil Gaiman)
If you’re not excited about it, it’s not the right path. (Abraham Hicks)
Honor the space between no longer and not yet.
When you can tell your story and it doesn’t make you cry, you know you have healed.
If you avoid conflict to keep the peace, you start a war inside yourself. (Cheryl Richardson)
Strength shows not only in the ability to persist, but in the ability to start over. (Scott Fitzgerald)
The hardest thing to learn in life is which bridge to cross and which to burn. (David Russell)
Where your talents and the needs of the world cross; there lies your vocation. (Aristotle)
Stop looking for happiness in the same place you lost it.
You have to do it now. If you wait until morning, you’ll lose heart. (Khaled Hosseini)
The Obstacle is the Path.
Waking up to who you are requires letting go of who you imagine yourself to be. (Alan Watts)